Wednesday, November 4, 2009

almost 27 weeks


Hello!

Lucy is getting big and much more active! Consequently, I'm also getting big an my activities are becoming a bit more limited, along with my range of motion and ability to get up quickly, lol. Nate insists that I don't look pregnant at all from behind, but I still feel ginormous! The most depressing thing happened...my hands swelled up so much that I have to now wear my wedding rings on a chain around my neck. Sad day. My mom insists that I'll be able to wear them again within days of delivery, so that's good news. 

Nate and I are busy budgeting out how to get the rest of the things we need for our baby. It's exciting to watch our house fill up with baby things...we now have a bouncy seat (compliments of my mom), a swing (compliments of my aunt) and now we have a pack n play (compliments of Nate's parents)! We also have lots of cute baby clothes coming in from all sides of the family! :) Lucy's Auntie Andrea made her the cutest little booties I've ever seen!  So many cute little girl things! I am working on the nursery...mostly just clearing things out since it has been a storage room since we moved in. It's coming along. My mom is making a rug to match the crib set we are getting. My sister is going to make Lucy a quilt out of the same materials too. :D The list of things we're working on getting include the crib, crib bedding, travel set (car seat and stroller), and a nicer camera, and maybe a changing table. 

Well, that's all for now! :)

Love,
Jodie and Lucy

2 comments:

  1. Cute pic! My friend Ashley is still selling her carseat, which includes 2 bases and a snap-and-go stroller frame for $75 if you're interested. Here's a link so you can see a picture: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2844620
    I'm planning to visit sometime in December so I could bring it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in the picture! I remember when I had to take my wedding rings off, too. Like you said, a sad day.
    Are you going to set up a baby registry anywhere? I think that's always neat, especially for those of us who live so far a way that we don't have a clue what you need. Love to you, Nate, and Lucy! Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete